Customizing ASP.NET Core 5.0: Turn the right screws in ASP.NET Core to get the most out of this framework
- Length: 125 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2021-02-09
- ISBN-10: 180107786X
- ISBN-13: 9781801077866
A guide to discovering the hidden behaviors of ASP.NET Core that can be customized to optimize your .NET 5 applications
- Customize the default behavior of ASP.NET Core to get the most out of the framework
- Enhance the application configuration, change the default dependency injection, and build your own tag helpers
- Discover best practices for configuring ASP.NET Core, from UI design to hosting it on various platforms
ASP.NET Core is the most powerful web framework by Microsoft. Although it’s full of rich features, sometimes the default configurations can be a bottleneck for high performance and need to be customized to suit the nature and scale of your app. If you’re an intermediate-level .NET developer who wants to extend .NET Core to multiple use cases, it’s important to customize the features so that the framework works for you effectively.
This book covers core features that need to be customized to achieve impressive performance for your ASP.NET Core apps. The customization techniques are updated to work with the latest .NET 5 framework.
As you progress, you’ll learn core concepts relating to optimizing the framework such as configuration, dependency injection, routing, action filters, and more. You’ll understand these concepts and be able to create custom solutions that meet the needs of your use case with ASP.NET Core. Later, you’ll discover expert techniques and best practices for using the framework for your app development needs, from the UI-design level to the hosting level. Finally, you’ll focus on the new endpoint routing in ASP.NET Core to build custom endpoints and add third-party endpoints to your web apps for processing requests faster.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to customize ASP.NET Core to develop robust optimized apps.
What you will learn
- Explore various application configurations and providers in ASP.NET Core 5
- Understand dependency injection in .NET and learn how to add third-party DI containers
- Discover the concept of middleware and write your own middleware for ASP.NET Core apps
- Create various API output formats in your API-driven projects
- Get familiar with different hosting models for your ASP.NET Core app
- Develop custom routing endpoints and add third-party endpoints
- Configure WebHostBuilder effectively for your web apps
Who This Book Is For
This .NET 5 book is for .NET developers who need to change the default behaviors of the framework to help improve the performance of their applications. You should have basic knowledge of ASP.NET Core and C# before getting started with the book.