Author: Parminder Singh
Publisher: Packt Publishing
Size: 8 Mb
Content: This book is ideal for graphic programmers who want to get up and running with Vulkan.
It’s also great for programmers who have experience with OpenGL and other graphic APIs who want to take advantage of next generation APIs. A good knowledge of C/C++ is expected.
What You Will Learn:
- Learn fundamentals of Vulkan programing model to harness the power of modern GPU devices.
- Implement device, command buffer and queues to get connected with the physical hardware.
- Explore various validation layers and learn how to use it for debugging Vulkan application.
- Get a grip on memory management to control host and device memory operations.
- Understand and implement buffer and image resource types in Vulkan.
- Define drawing operations in the Render pass and implement graphics pipeline.
- Manage GLSL shader using SPIR-V and update the shader resources with descriptor sets and push constants.
- Learn the drawing process, manage resources with synchronization objects and render 3D scene output on screen with Swapchain.