- Length: 332 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Apress
- Publication Date: 2021-03-31
- ISBN-10: 1484268814
- ISBN-13: 9781484268810
- Sales Rank: #1383108 (See Top 100 Books)
Use the code-driven approach of Entity Framework Core 5 to build a functional web application that accesses a database on the backend server. This book covers the common use cases of Entity Framework that a developer needs to master in order to begin building applications that run against a database. Throughout the book you will be shown how to use Entity Framework Core 5 by implementing a simple ASP.NET Core Razor Pages line-of-business application. This example application will be similar to those you might write yourself and deploy to your users on a web or intranet site via a browser.
This book takes a code-first approach in which your database will be created and seeded programmatically. You won’t need to create the database through your database engine’s interface. Instead, you will be shown how to define your data model in Entity Framework, and then let Entity Framework do the work of creating your database and schema for you. From there you will learn how to seed your database with example data, then to implement the common, so-called CRUD operations consisting of creating, retrieving, updating, and deleting rows of data. By the end of the book you will have built a well-designed application that you can use as the basis for future applications that you create in your job.
What You Will Learn
- Download and install Entity Framework Core 5
- Perform create, read, update, and delete (CRUD) operations
- Create and seed a database with example data using Entity Framework Core 5
- Incrementally add new database functionality through Entity Framework Core 5 migrations
- Recognize when to take advantage of new features introduced in Entity Framework Core 5
- Deliver line-of-business applications using ASP.NET Core that run in a browser
Who This Books Is For
Developers who are familiar with C# and the .NET Framework who want to learn database access using Entity Framework Core 5. For developers creating web-based, line-of-business applications who want to create those applications more quickly and efficiently when databases are involved.