Building Server-side and Microservices with Go: Building Modern Backends and Microservices Using Go, Docker and Kubernetes
- Length: 276 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: BPB Publications
- Publication Date: 2021-09-22
- ISBN-10: 9391030289
- ISBN-13: 9789391030285
- Sales Rank: #349300 (See Top 100 Books)
Develop and deploy efficient server-side applications and microservice architectures.
- Extensive examples of the Go programming language and REST concepts.
- Includes graphical illustrations and visual explanation of the microservice architecture.
- Graphs and visual explanation for Docker and Kubernetes commands.
‘Building Server-side and Microservices with Go’ teaches you the fundamentals of Go programming languages, REST server applications, and microservices. You can develop efficient server-side applications and use modern development concepts such as microservices after reading this book.
We will create simple server-side applications and add new features as and when a new topic is covered. We will begin with the fundamentals of Go programming languages, which will create simple server-side applications. During development, a layered design will be introduced, with each application layer serving a specific purpose. We will introduce you to the microservice concept, and it is further divided into a couple of smaller microservices. Finally, we’ll look at how to use Docker and Kubernetes to deploy and scale microservices.
After reading this book, we will be able to successfully develop monolithic and microservice applications and identify when one approach is more appropriate than another. This book can also help improve existing applications. It is a perfect handy guide to build proficiency with Docker and Kubernetes.
What you will learn
- Basics of Go programming language (data types, structures, loops, functions, concurrency, etc).
- REST concept development and implementation.
- Introduction to layered server-side application designs and key roles.
- PostgreSQL database design, CRUD operations, and queries.
Who this book is for
This book is intended for backend developers, software architects, and students interested in learning about the Go programming language, REST Server Applications, and Microservices. Knowing fundamental programming concepts would be an advantage but not essential.
About the Authors
Dušan Stojanović was born in Smederevo, Serbia, in 1989. He received a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from University in Belgrade in 2012 and a Master’s degree in Computer Science from University in Belgrade in 2013. Since 2013, he has been working for various software companies. He is passionate about REST API Applications and Microservices. This is his first book.