Coffee Break Python Workbook: 127 Python Puzzles to Push You from Zero to Hero in Your Coffee Breaks
- Length: 295 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publication Date: 2019-08-17
- ISBN-10: B07WQR91PF
- Sales Rank: #922701 (See Top 100 Books)
This book is the chess grandmaster way of learning Python. It offers you 127 unique and brand-new Python puzzles. Every puzzle points to gaps in your knowledge, challenges you to guess a solution, and then explains potential solutions, in an easy-to-understand manner:
# Here’s one example puzzle:
my_list = [1, 1, 1, 1]
my_list[1::2] = [2, 3]
# What’s the output of this code snippet?
An easy, fun, and effective way of learning Python — day after day — in your COFFEE BREAK PYTHON!
Here’s what research says about puzzle-based learning:
“Students who were quizzed after studying a short text could recall significantly more information than students who were asked to reread it”
— Karpicke, 2007, Elsevier Journal of Memory and Language
Practice testing is scientifically proven to generate up to 44% better learning retention and efficiency.
Simply put: quizzes and puzzles work! More than 100,000 Finxters and thousands of “Coffee Break Python” book customers have already successfully improved their skills with code puzzles.
Learning does not happen in a linear and orderly manner. It’s a probabilistic, chaotic, and iterative process of creating knowledge gaps in your brain — and filling them with just the right information you need.
That’s the premise of the “Coffee Break Python” textbook series.
What will you get out of the book?
- Improve your level of deep Python code understanding.
- Surprise your peers with your newly acquired code speed reading skills.
- Enjoy the small daily doses of intellectual challenges. A Finxter once called it “Sudoku for coders”! 😉
- Improve your brain’s working memory by hammering down the most important concepts.
- Learn all the basic Python syntax elements.
- Discover your own skill level by tracking your puzzle-solving performance.
- Compare your skill level against other coders: are you a grandmaster of code?
- Enjoy the fun of rushing over Python — from “hello world” to “recursive Quicksort”.
- Get the best of all Finxter Python cheat sheets to revive 80% of the Python features in 20% of the time.
- Get your dream job and rock future code interviews!
And take one step forward mastering the most popular programming language ON THE PLANET!