- Length: 178 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Apress
- Publication Date: 2021-03-09
- ISBN-10: 1484264630
- ISBN-13: 9781484264638
- Sales Rank: #3320914 (See Top 100 Books)
Implement continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) workflows for any application you develop through GitHub Actions. This book will give you an in-depth idea of implementation patterns, solutions for different technology builds, guidelines to implement your own custom components as actions, and usage of features available with GitHub Actions workflows, to set up CI/CD for your repositories.
Hands-on GitHub Actions starts with an introduction to GitHub actions that gives an overview on CI/CD followed by an introduction to its workflows. Next, you will learn how to use variables in a GitHub workflow along with tokens via a REST API. Further, you will explore artifacts and caching dependencies in GitHub and use artifacts in subsequent jobs. Using self-hosted runners is discussed next where you will set up your own hardware and software to run GitHub actions. You will go through publishing packages and migrate to Azure DevOps Pipelines. Along the way, you will use Redis service and PostgreSQL service containers and create custom actions. Finally, you will work with GitHub apps and understand the syntax reference for GitHub Actions and workflows.
What You Will Learn
- Create workflows for any platform and any language with GitHub Actions
- Develop custom GitHub actions to enhance features and usage of database and service containers
- Use hosted runners and create self-hosted runners for GitHub workflows
- Use GitHub Package registry with GitHub Actions to share and use packages
Who This Book Is For
DevOps teams who want to build quality CI/CD workflows.