- Length: 156 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Apress
- Publication Date: 2021-05-05
- ISBN-10: 1484269683
- ISBN-13: 9781484269688
- Sales Rank: #3054671 (See Top 100 Books)
Implement blockchain from scratch covering all the details with Racket, a general-purpose Lisp. You’ll start by exploring what a blockchain is, so you have a solid foundation for the rest of the book. You’ll then be ready to learn Racket before starting on your blockchain implementation. Once you have a working blockchain, you’ll move onto extending it. The book’s appendices provide supporting resources to help you in your blockchain projects.
The recommended approach for the book is to follow along and write the code as it’s being explained instead of reading passively. This way you will get the most out of it. All of the source code is available for free download from GitHub.
What You Will Learn
- Discover the Racket programming language and how to use it
- Implement a blockchain from scratch using Lisp
- Implement smart contracts and peer-to-peer support
- Learn how to use macros to employ more general abstractions
Novices that have at least some experience with programming, as well as some basic working experience with computers. The book also assumes some experience with high school mathematics, such as functions.