Managing State in Flutter Pragmatically: Discover how to adopt the best state management approach for scaling your Flutter app
- Length: 246 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2021-11-25
- ISBN-10: 1801070776
- ISBN-13: 9781801070775
- Sales Rank: #871556 (See Top 100 Books)
Explore popular state management techniques in Flutter and implement them in real-world applications
- Get to grips with popular approaches for managing your Flutter application state
- Think declaratively in order to decide on the most fitting approach for different applications
- Learn to implement state management solutions by building a popular use case in the form of a shopping cart app
Flutter is a cross-platform user interface (UI) toolkit that enables developers to create beautiful native applications for mobile, desktop, and the web with a single codebase. State management in Flutter is one of the most crucial and complex topics within Flutter, with a wide array of approaches available that can make it easy to get lost due to information overload.
Managing State in Flutter Pragmatically is a definitive guide to starting out with Flutter and learning about state management, helping developers with some experience of state management to choose the most appropriate solutions and techniques to use. The book takes a hands-on approach and begins by covering the basics of Flutter state management before exploring how to build and manipulate a shopping cart app using popular approaches such as BLoC/Cubit, Provider, MobX, and Riverpod. Throughout the book, you’ll also learn how to adopt approaches from React such as Redux and all its types.
By the end of this Flutter book, you’ll have gained a holistic view of all the state management approaches in Flutter, and learned which approach is the best solution for managing state in your app development journey.
What you will learn
- Understand the core concepts of different state management techniques used in Flutter
- Build optimal and performant applications in Flutter
- Develop an understanding of which technique to apply in what sort of apps
- Build the habit of writing clean state management code
- Produce code with techniques from beginner to advanced level for different state management solutions
- Use state management techniques to create robust and scalable apps in Flutter
Who this book is for
This book is for developers who have already started with their Flutter journey and are now looking to learn optimal state management approaches for app development. The book will also help less experienced Flutter engineers to find the best state management solution to fit their app, along with Flutter engineers who want to learn which state management approach should be taken under what circumstances.
Table of Contents
- States and State Management Overview
- The Core Building Blocks of State Management
- Diving into Advanced State Management Approaches
- Adopting State Management Approaches from React
- Executing Distinctive Approaches like GetX, GetIt, and Binder
- Creating a Shopping Cart Application Using Basic Approaches
- Manipulating a Shopping Cart Application through BLoC, Provider, and React-Based Approaches
- Using GetX, GetIt, and Binder to Update the Cart Application
- Comparative State Management Analysis: When to Use What?