- Length: 208 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Publication Date: 2020-04-22
- ISBN-10: 1538133504
- ISBN-13: 9781538133507
- Sales Rank: #408796 (See Top 100 Books)
Cybersecurity expert Theresa Payton tells battlefront stories from the global war being conducted through clicks, swipes, internet access, technical backdoors and massive espionage schemes. She investigates the cyberwarriors who are planning tomorrow’s attacks, weaving a fascinating yet bone-chilling tale of Artificial Intelligent mutations carrying out attacks without human intervention, “deepfake” videos that look real to the naked eye, and chatbots that beget other chatbots. Finally, Payton offers readers telltale signs that their most fundamental beliefs are being meddled with and actions they can take or demand that corporations and elected officials must take before it is too late.
- How digital voting machines, voting online, and automatic registration may boost turnout but make us more vulnerable to cyberattacks.
- How trolls from Russia and other nations actively stroke discord among Americans in falsely-generated controversies over race relations, vaccinations, fracking, and other social issues.
- Whether what we have uncovered from the Mueller investigation so far is only what they wanted us to know.