- Length: 543 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Apress
- Publication Date: 2021-04-16
- ISBN-10: 1484257774
- ISBN-13: 9781484257777
- Sales Rank: #904253 (See Top 100 Books)
Use the information presented in this book to implement an end-to-end compliance program in your organization using Microsoft 365 tools. You will learn about the solutions available in the Microsoft 365 Compliance Center, including best practices and common pitfalls. IT professionals will benefit from the author’s approach of introducing each topic within a practical business context and scenarios behind the “whys” of compliance. Compliance managers will understand how to implement their requirements in Microsoft 365.
Compliance and risk management is often a board- or CEO-level issue. The risks of hefty fines and bad PR from non-compliance are severe. IT is usually responsible for implementing compliance controls and for working with compliance and legal officers to manage the day-to-day risk in an organization.
After reading Microsoft 365 Compliance, you will be prepared to have a well-informed conversation with your compliance and legal officers to determine how to work together to identify specific compliance requirements for your organization. You will be able to implement those requirements yourself using Microsoft 365 features. Compliance and legal officers will understand how to communicate their technical requirements to IT.
Author Erica Toelle helps you build a solid compliance foundation by teaching you about topics such as information protection, retention, records management, eDiscovery, auditing, compliance with common regulations, managing insider risks, supervising communications, data loss prevention, protecting sensitive information, and using machine learning to reduce compliance costs.
What You Will Learn
- Understand typical business scenarios and requirements for a Microsoft 365 compliance program
- Fulfill these compliance scenarios and requirements using out of the box Microsoft 365 solutions and functionality
- Ensure that your Microsoft 365 implementation meets standard compliance regulations, such as GDPR and ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- Enlist best practices and things to know when implementing Microsoft 365 solutions
- Comprehend required Microsoft licensing and how to implement a least permissions model for each compliance solution
- Explore what you can accomplish using the compliance center user interface, without custom scripting or code
This book is for IT professionals, security managers, compliance officers, risk managers, internal audit, records managers, CIOs, and anyone who would like to learn more about Microsoft 365 compliance.