Create valuable insights for your organization with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 reporting tools
- Explore the new reporting features found in GP 2013
- Add value to your organization by identifying the major reporting challenges facing your organization and selecting the most effective reporting tool to meet those challenges
- Empower users from top to bottom in your organization to create their own reports
- Go beyond basic reporting by providing true business intelligence for your organization
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 is a sophisticated enterprise resource planning system with a multitude of features and options. Microsoft Dynamics GP enables you to create and manage a variety of reports that can help your organization effectively manage its financial and operational data.
“Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Reporting, Second Edition” will show you how to create and manage reports, know what tools to use and when, how to use these tools, and where to find the data based on how it’s being entered into the system with Dynamics GP.
This book addresses the many challenges and frustrations a company may face when preparing to build new reports. You will learn how to find and locate your data in the GP system and company databases. It then dives deep into topics such as SmartLists, SL Builder and Excel Report Builder, Report Writer, Word Template Generator, SSRS Report Library, Business Analyzer, Analysis Cubes Design, and Management Reporter, amongst others.
With this knowledge in hand, you will be capable of selecting the most effective tool for the current reporting environment.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand how data is stored in Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Use Excel and SmartLists Builders for basic GP reporting needs
- Take advantage of the new Word Template functionality in Report Writer including the Word Template Generator
- Deploy and modify the Dynamics GP SQL Reporting Services report library
- Display SSRS reports in dashboard form with Business Analyzer
- Customize Analysis Cubes for Excel for improved ad-hoc data analysis
- Slice and dice Dynamics GP data with Excel Pivot Tables and Pivot Formulas
- Design and create various building blocks for Management Reporter
- Explore advanced concepts for delivering professional-quality financial statements
A practical guide to creating and managing reports as well as identifying the most appropriate reporting tool for any reporting challenge, this book employs real-life, step-by-step examples in a part tutorial, part reference manner.
Who this book is written for
If you are a Microsoft Dynamics GP developer, consultant or power user who wants to create and manage reports, then “Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Reporting, Second Edition” is for you. A working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP is required. A basic understanding of business management systems and reporting applications such as Microsoft Excel and SQL Reporting Services is highly recommended.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Meeting the Reporting Challenge
Chapter 2: Where Is My Data and How Do I Get to It?
Chapter 3: Working with the Builders – SmartList and Excel Reports
Chapter 4: Report Writer and Word Templates
Chapter 5: Utilizing the SSRS Report Library
Chapter 6: Designing Your Analysis Cubes for the Excel Environment
Chapter 7: Utilizing Analysis Cubes for Excel for Dynamic Reporting
Chapter 8: Designing Financial Reports in Management Reporter
Chapter 9: Viewing Financial Reports in Management Reporter
Chapter 10: Bringing it all Together
Appendix: Comparing the Dynamics GP Reporting Tools Against Different Reporting Challenges