Securing Remote Access in Palo Alto Networks: Practical techniques to enable and protect remote users, improve your security posture, and troubleshoot next-generation firewalls
- Length: 336 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2021-07-02
- ISBN-10: 1801077444
- ISBN-13: 9781801077446
- Sales Rank: #669788 (See Top 100 Books)
Explore everything you need to know to set up secure remote access, harden your firewall deployment, and protect against phishing
- Learn the ins and outs of log forwarding and troubleshooting issues
- Set up GlobalProtect satellite connections, configure site-to-site VPNs, and troubleshoot LSVPN issues
- Gain an in-depth understanding of user credential detection to prevent data leaks
This book builds on the content found in Mastering Palo Alto Networks, focusing on the different methods of establishing remote connectivity, automating log actions, and protecting against phishing attacks through user credential detection.
Complete with step-by-step instructions, practical examples, and troubleshooting tips, you will gain a solid understanding of how to configure and deploy Palo Alto Networks remote access products. As you advance, you will learn how to design, deploy, and troubleshoot large-scale end-to-end user VPNs. Later, you will explore new features and discover how to incorporate them into your environment.
By the end of this Palo Alto Networks book, you will have mastered the skills needed to design and configure SASE-compliant remote connectivity and prevent credential theft with credential detection.
What you will learn
- Understand how log forwarding is configured on the firewall
- Focus on effectively enabling remote access
- Explore alternative ways for connecting users and remote networks
- Protect against phishing with credential detection
- Understand how to troubleshoot complex issues confidently
- Strengthen the security posture of your firewalls
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who wants to learn more about remote access for users and remote locations by using GlobalProtect and Prisma access and by deploying Large Scale VPN. Basic knowledge of Palo Alto Networks, network protocols, and network design will be helpful, which is why reading Mastering Palo Alto Networks is recommended first to help you make the most of this book.
Table of Contents
- Centralizing logs
- Configuring Advanced GlobalProtect Features
- Setting up site-to-site VPNs and Large Scale VPNs
- Configuring Prisma Access
- Enabling features to improve your security posture
- Anti Phishing with User Credential Detection
- Practical troubleshooting and Best Practice Tools