- Length: 160 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Wiley
- Publication Date: 2021-05-11
- ISBN-10: 1119700736
- ISBN-13: 9781119700739
- Sales Rank: #869226 (See Top 100 Books)
Add cybersecurity to your value proposition and protect your company from cyberattacks
Cybersecurity is now a requirement for every company in the world regardless of size or industry. Start-Up Secure: Baking Cybersecurity into Your Company from Founding to Exit covers everything a founder, entrepreneur and venture capitalist should know when building a secure company in today’s world. It takes you step-by-step through the cybersecurity moves you need to make at every stage, from landing your first round of funding through to a successful exit. The book describes how to include security and privacy from the start and build a cyber resilient company. You’ll learn the basic cybersecurity concepts every founder needs to know, and you’ll see how baking in security drives the value proposition for your startup’s target market. This book will also show you how to scale cybersecurity within your organization, even if you aren’t an expert!
Cybersecurity as a whole can be overwhelming for startup founders. Start-Up Secure breaks down the essentials so you can determine what is right for your start-up and your customers. You’ll learn techniques, tools, and strategies that will ensure data security for yourself, your customers, your funders, and your employees. Pick and choose the suggestions that make the most sense for your situation―based on the solid information in this book.
- Get primed on the basic cybersecurity concepts every founder needs to know
- Learn how to use cybersecurity know-how to add to your value proposition
- Ensure that your company stays secure through all its phases, and scale cybersecurity wisely as your business grows
- Make a clean and successful exit with the peace of mind that comes with knowing your company’s data is fully secure
Start-Up Secure is the go-to source on cybersecurity for start-up entrepreneurs, leaders, and individual contributors who need to select the right frameworks and standards at every phase of the entrepreneurial journey.