Unraveling Bluetooth LE Audio: Stretching the Limits of Interoperable Wireless Audio with Bluetooth Next-Generation Low Energy Audio Standards
- Length: 240 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Apress
- Publication Date: 2021-03-31
- ISBN-10: 1484266579
- ISBN-13: 9781484266571
- Sales Rank: #4929359 (See Top 100 Books)
Explore how Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) has transformed the audio landscape, from music streaming to voice recognition applications. This book describes the rationale behind moving to LE audio, the potential power savings, and how various specifications need to be linked together to develop a final end product.
LE Audio is a natural development of the Bluetooth audio standard. The standard is spread across more than a dozen different specifications, from application profiles, down to the core transports in both Host part and Controller part. You’ll see how this new architecture of the Bluetooth audio stack defines a LE Audio stack from the Core Controller to the Host Protocols, and Profiles.
You’ll also learn how to free yourself from wires and charging. LE Audio introduces a new audio compression codec called LC3 (Low Complexity Communication Codec), which covers sampling rates for the full range of voice and media application at high fidelity, low complexity and low bit-rate and is ideal for new applications – such as voice assistance and gaming.
Unraveling Bluetooth Low Energy Audio provides full context to anyone who is curious to learn about the new LE Audio technology.
What You’ll Learn
- Understand the advantages of LE audio over current standards
- Describe the overall Bluetooth LE audio stack and its various blocks
- Enable LE audio with the Core Controller specification
- See how an end-to-end application works its through the LE audio ecosystem
- Examine how LE Audio addresses current and future trends in interoperable wireless audio
Who This Book Is For
The target audience for this book are developers, manufacturers, students, lecturers, teachers, technology geeks, platform integrators, and entrepreneurs.