Authors: Bettany, Andrew, Halsey, Mike
- Helps readers diagnose and repair virus- and malware-infected PCs and learn how to effectively defend a PC to prevent attack and infection
Make your PCs as secure as possible and limit the routes of attack and safely and completely remove all traces of malware and viruses should an infection take place.
Whatever version of Windows you’re using, the threat of virus and malware infection is always a common danger. From key loggers and Trojans, intent on stealing passwords and data, to malware that can disable individual PCs or even a company network, the cost to business in downtime and loss of productivity can be enormous.
What You’ll Learn:
- Recognize malware and the problems it can cause
- Defend a PC against malware and viruses
- Configure advanced Windows features to prevent attack
- Identify types of malware and virus attack
- Discover third-party tools and resources available to help remove malware
- Manually remove malware and viruses from a PC
Who This Book Is For
IT pros, Windows expert and power users and system administrators